Monday, November 9, 2009

Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich


Wow, it is taking me longer and longer to read books lately. I keep thinking I'm going to hit a week where I blow through two or three books like the olden, pre-kid days, but then something always comes up--a night when I'm home alone and I plan to read the night away, one of my kids is a big cry baby about going to bed and it takes forever and by the time I'm done dealing with him or her, I'm exhausted and just flop on the couch and watch TV. But I did manage to read this 8th Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum book and it was terrific and fun!
I love her books, the parts about her Grandma Mazur and how she can't keep a car in one piece, it's hysterical. Bawdy and action packed is how I'd describe Plum books and they are a real treat.
In this one, a woman and her child are missing and Steph sets aside her usual bounty hunting to seek them out. As usual, she's helped by her buddies Ranger, the mysterious bounty hunter who is never short on cars, money, gadgets, or sexiness, and Morelli, her on-again-off-again fiance cop. I know it is common for women to like bad boys and go through that "phase" so the Ranger character is there to appeal to that instinct, but I've always been way too practical to like bad-asses, so I just say, I vote for Morelli!
Part of me wants to go check out the other 8 or so Plum books all at once, but I think the way that I space them out is better. I savor them more this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment